The purpose of this group is to provide a welcome space, to allow parents and carers to learn, share and support one-another, alongside the guidance of the Future Steps Team.
- Monthly support group
- Sharing success stories between families with photographs and videos
- Sessions of practical understanding with simple strategies
5-Point Session Format
- Sharing Point: We urge members to be in touch prior to the group with images and videos they would like to share with everyone, especially success stories. i.e. first bike ride, homework, friends
- Learning Point: An overview of the topic and potential causes/reasons – we encourage questions here!
- Experience Point: The group will experience how this feels through practical demonstration and engaging in activities
- Take Away Point: Strategies and tips to try at home will be practiced and discussed with Future Steps Team guidance
- Social Media Point: A private Facebook Group for past, current and future members to share and update the group on their journey between sessions and even once they no longer need to attend the support group