The aim of the group is to focus and improve upon all the skills that make up handwriting, leading to outcomes such as:
- Slow and stilted writing will become faster and more effortless
- Increased confidence within themselves and their work
- Improved posture
- Reduction in pain and increased focus when writing
- Increased motivation and engagement when it comes to handwriting and school work
- More legible handwriting and a better understanding of how to utilise page lines and spacing
- Improved perception which will increase their understanding of letters and numbers
Children will be put into a small group with others of a similar ability level for a twelve-week programme in a fun and encouraging environment that will be lead by one of our qualified Occupational Therapists. Your child’s ability level with regard to their fine motor skills will be recorded over the weeks to enable the therapist to tailor the activities to suit all of the individual children and encourage improvement. Children who attend will also receive activities to take home, so they can continue to compliment their progress made during the sessions.
Not only will the course improve upon handwriting ability, but will also positively impact upon general fine motor ability and independence skills.