Families are at the centre of Future Steps and we as a service intend to offer a full pathway of support for them. Family Intervention with Future Steps focuses on parents and carers understanding their child’s sensory physiological barriers to forming secure attachments, the effect on behaviour and how to make manageable changes and adaptions which will transform family life.
Therapist delivering Attachment Therapy are trained in the below:
● Ongoing MSc in Attachment Studies 2 ND year
● MotC under Dr Ben Grey, founding director of Cambridge Centre for Attachment. “The Meaning
of the Child Interview is a method of understanding the parent-child relationship, though
evaluating the way parents think about their child”
● SPI – Stress Parent Interview
● CAPA – The Child Attachment and Play Assessment and School Age Assessment of Attachment a
reliable means of assessing children’s attachment strategies using Crittenden’s Dynamic
Maturational Model (DMM) of attachment
● MiM trained, under Dr Ben Grey (founding director of Cambridge Centre for Attachment) –
Marschak Interaction Method is a structured technique for observing and assessing the overall
quality and nature of relationships between caregivers and child.
● SAI Level 1 and 2 trained by Éadaoin Bhreathnach – This advanced training course involves
individual supervision over 48-week period